-Valentines day lilies. I knew my Beloved was ultra busy last week and doing anything for Valentines day was the last thing on his mind, so I snapped up some bundles of reduced lilies at Woolworths ($3.60 a bunch -steal) and we got Malaysian takeaway for dinner. Bliss. The scent and smell of the lilies got me through a very stressful weekend. I'm addicted.
-I've started placing little 'bits' around Littlest's nursery corner. Here's the little angel watching over.
-For my thirty week pregnancy photos (thirty weeks tomorrow!) I thought I'd try to fit into one of my mum's maternity dresses while I still can! In keeping with the retro theme I'm in the '70s cain saucer chair in Littlest's 'corner'. Failing to comfortably curl up in it, but so excited that soon I'll be curled up in it with our little one on the outside.
-Poppet's nail-polish is coming off and she wants it re-done.
-Flowers in the window-sill. This is pretty much the colour of the outside world. The two open cut mines near us are both on fire, one's been declared a national disaster, and we had a warning on the weekend to stay inside because of increased levels of carbon monoxide. I've been checking the air quality website as frequently as the fire warning one. Basically it says bad, very bad. We are fleeing to Melbourne soon!
-The kids sleeping.
-Breakfast. Why do rice bubbles go everywhere?
-Poppet, clutching the magic 'pink princess hair de-tangler' before we head off to creche. 'Pink-princess spray' is the only way I can get her to let me brush her hair without shrieking and rugby tackles. A little bribery goes a long way!
Joining with the lovely Em over at The Beetle Shack for stills from our week.
A lot of indoor shots this week as the smoke hangs heavy around our place. My Beloved walked up to the station this morning and texted that the ash was like snow in the air. Our house, our garden, our car, my beloved roses are all covered in it and all windows and doors are tightly closed. If it is unsettling for us, I can't imagine how horrible it is for all the CFA folk fighting it. So far I think nearly twenty fire-fighters have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. Some people truly are heroes.