Summer is passing in a lazy whirr. Our days up here in Queensland are coming to a close and we're beginning to plan the drive back down to Gippsland. Another adventure.
It's so lovely to look back over the photos of the last week and see all that we've crammed in. Culling the photos has not been so fun. I keep aiming to keep my Sunday Stills to seven (see all those lovely sibilant 's's! But no. Fail! (Again!)
Despite my failure to adequately cull, it's lovely to be joining - for the first time in 2013 - with Em over at The Beetleshack for Sunday Stills!
1. Poppet and Sprocket at the beach. Waiting for the 8pm New Years fireworks at Bribie Island
2. Sprocket searching for crabs (and sea monsters!)
3. Poppet - very festive for the New Year. In the costume her Nana brought back from Egypt (Doubling as a nightie!)
5. Gotta love a glowstick!
6. My precious monkey boy (Costume courtesy of Lifeline op-shop, Brisbane CBD)
7. Unknown but lovely white flower from Brisbane Botanical Gardens
8.Poppet holding her first fishing rod
9.S-s-s-nake. I'm originally a Melbourne girl. Snakes are a rarity for me. This was a red-bellied black up the street from my in-laws. Yep. Photo taken from the car. Luckily I didn't see the brown snake that was removed from the front doorstep yesterday. Gulp. Have to say they move beautifully. Like a dream to watch.
10.From our first ever family fishing trip