1. One of my beloved Great Aunts died recently. I still can't believe she's gone. She was so vivid, kind, creative and active. This is a detail of a painting she did of one of my favourite beaches at Inverloch. It sits on our mantlepiece and I think of her every time I look at it.
2. Oceanic inspiration. I love the colour of the bowl, a recent thrift shop find. I've kept the twist of wood since I spent an idyllic summer on the Scottish Island of Iona... fourteen years ago. How can it be that long ago?
3. My Poppet, up a tree, her feet muddy from river paddling. While my Poppet paddled in ice-water and climbed trees barefoot, I was rugged up in long sleeved top, jumper, down-puffer, scarf and hat.
4. My Poppet and her cousin at their joint birthday party. Their love for each other and the beautiful way they play together always melts my heart.
5. My Poppet playing with cars.
6. My Sprocket's new love. Kite-flying. It may not look like it, but that kite has killer instincts. I would swear black and blue it went for me. Repeatedly. It only got stuck up one tree and I was overcome with memories of Charlie Brown's epic kite battles and giggled until my Beloved managed to gently ease it from the tree.
7. True joy. My boy and his kite.
Joining with the wonderful Em of The Beetle Shack for moments from our week.
Love the warm coloring of the pictures =]ReplyDelete
In need of a blog design makeover? I can help you!
Love the beach painting and the thrifts bowl and who doesn't' love pictures of kids having fun. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, AustraliaReplyDelete
The kites were such a win! I'm not sure why we haven't tried them before. (Hang on, wait, it's because it kept dive-bombing me!) Thanks for stopping by!ReplyDelete
Such lovely details and moments caught so beautifully! JeanReplyDelete
Oh my, some stunning photos here! Love the muddy feet and the bowl of shells in particular!ReplyDelete